Friday, February 24, 2012

Mommo's Coleslaw Salad

All I had to do for dinner tonight was make a salad. My Friend Theresa was coming over to make Home Fried Chicken.  I was wandering thru the veggie aisle at the grocery and Pre-shredded Coleslaw was on Sale for $.98 . I decided to make the Coleslaw Salad that my Mother used to make.  It is great the first day but Better the next when all the Veggies have wilted a bit. ( This was Coleslaw Salad in my family because it had tomatoes & Cucumbers in it )

Tonight I made a small batch. Double it to take to a Potluck.

Mommo's Coleslaw Salad

1/2 bag pre shredded Cabbage
3 Med tomatoes diced
1 Cucumbers Diced
3 green onions chopped including green parts
2 tablespoons sweet Relish
1/2 C Mayonnaise
Salt  & Pepper to taste

Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl. Make sure to get all the Juices from the cutting board.   Let sit for a while before eating to let the flavours meld. 


No comments:

Post a Comment