I walked a few times today and am tired(but improving)so Tony is being my Cooking Hands.
I am trying to be good and use what we have in the house for meals. Since we have way too much in the house that gives us a lot to play with.
Tonight we are having Pork Chops w/ Apples & Onions served over Buttered Egg Noodles. Earlier this week Julie made Beer-Thyme Mustard from Scratch and I thought this would be great with Pork. This is where I got the recipe. http://www.tastebook.com/recipes/613460-Beer-Thyme-Mustard
This turned out wonderfully. So tender and the flavours melded perfectly. Everyone liked it, even Eric (the Picky eater).
4-6 Pork chops or steaks
4 Apples (cored & sliced fairly thinly)
2 med or 1 large Onion (Halved & Sliced thin)
2 Tblsp of Beer Thyme Mustard (Any Grainy Mustard will do)
2 cups Broth (if not using Beer Thyme Mustard add a bit of Apple Cider Vinegar to this)
1 Tblsp Maple Syrup (Optional)
salt & Pepper
Flour for thickening sauce
1. Season Chops on both sides and brown in Olive oil.
When both sides are brown remove from pan & add butter.
2. Add apples and Onions to the pan and cook Stiring occasionally till they are starting to get soft. Add a bit (maybe 2 Tblsp) of flour and stir till the Oil & Butter are absorbed.
3. Add Mustard and Broth. Stir to mix well.
4. Return Chops to the Pan and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce Heat to med. & cover pan.
6. Let simmer for 30 min.
I thought this would be good with a little Maple syrup added with the Apples. Tony thought it was too much. What do you think?