Monday, January 16, 2012

Bob's Red Mill

Today Laurel took me to Bob's Red Mill ( bobsredmill.com) and I got lots of exercise wheeling myself around looking at all the wonderful products.
 If you go to the regular grocery Bob's products can be a bit spendy, but at the Mill you can get them all in bulk for much less money. The bulk section is really nicely organised . There are file drawers with Labels & Recipes for every product.

Many of the Flours & Mixes are gluten free.  If I were cooking for someone that needed the Gluten Free products I would get the individually Packaged Mixes as the bulk section has regular and gluten free Items near each other and Flour tends to get everywhere when you are scooping from bins.

Some of the things I picked up are:
 Black Bean, Black Eyed Pea & Barley Soup Mix, Garbanzo Flour, Vital Gluten powder, Pastry Flour, Nutritional Yeast Flakes, Dark Rye Flour, Currants, Dried  apples(diced small), Date Crumbles & Bean Seasoning packet.  Lots to play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment