Thursday, March 1, 2012

Time to Clean the Fridge

I wanted something Yummy & comforting for dinner, but have been trying to make sure we do not waste food.  So after scanning the fridge this is what I came up with. I can easily replicate it with Non Leftovers another time. It was good enough to have again on purpose.


Chicken veggie Stew

1-2 Cups cooks Chicken (shredded )
2 Cups Cooked Cannelini beans
1 Cup Sliced Carrots
2 Stalks Celery Sliced
1/2 Onion Chopped
4 Small Sweet Peppers
4 Cups Home made Chicken Stock
1 large Can Diced Tomatoes
1/2 bag Shredded Cabbage
Garlic
Paprika
 Thyme
Saute the Veggies & herbs add Chicken , beans, tomatoes & stock.

Let cook for about 1/2 hour.  add Shredded Cabbage Cook for 15 min.

I put buttered Sour dough Bread at the Bottom of the Bowl & served the Soup over it. A little bit of Shredded parmesan made it perfect .

Bonus ! There is now lots of room in the Fridge & I started a new pot of chicken stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment